Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rags N Tags Lovey


I made this little lovey blanket for katelynne earlier this week. I had noticed how she was more interested in the tags on some of her toys than the toy itself, and so went looking up tag blankets on ebay and etsy. I was surprised at all the beautiful ones I found! It only took me about 30 minutes to whip this one up for Katelynne, then later that evening I made two more to sell in my Etsy shop! Another really neat thing about them is that you can hook the little plastic toy loops on them and voila! It can have all kinds of toys or a binky attached to it too!
I'm calling them Rags N Tags loveys because I actually made them in rag quilt style, using four blocks of fabric I had leftover from recent rag quilts I made. I think that the frayed fabric will give little fingers even more things to feel and look at besides the pretty ribbon "tags"! I had so much fun making these I am even thinking about making some min pillows and possibly a full sized Rags N Tags quilt!
Here's a pic of the blue and red one I made for my Etsy shop:

These aren't listed yet, but you can find them within the next day or two HERE!

1 comment:

Brook S. said...

Looks like you have been super busy lately! I'm in love with your mini albums!! And holy smokes, Katelynne has gotten SO big since the last time I saw her...she absolutely gorgeous! I will be at Scrap Pink this weekend...well, all day Friday and sometime after lunch on Saturday...Hope to see you there! :)