Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bat Shaped Mini Album

While getting out my Halloween things I ran across this and knew I wanted to share it! Would you believe that this little album was up for sale on Ebay last year and NEVER sold? I was FORCED to put my pictures into this stinkin' cute album! I cut the bats out using my Quickutz Silhouette and then embellished with K&Co Tim Coffey Halloween paper and embellies, plus some prima flowers and ribbon. Here's some more photos below!


Love this poem, it's almost as stinkin' cute as the album!




SO- the QOTD (question of the day) on several of the scrapbooking forums I participate on has recently been "what do you do for Halloween- do you decorate and hand out candy?" So I thought I'd share my answer here for anyone who might be wondering.... I always decorate for fall and halloween plus I usually have a Chilli dinner on the big night- complete with caramel apples and puppy chow (or sometimes called muddy buddies). This year is going to be even better because my little princess will be a lot of fun to dress up- I have hand made her a Halloween tutu and can't wait to share photos of it!

In case you are looking for a great treat to share with your friends and family this year- here's the recipe for puppy chow!

INGREDIENTS
9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.


More spooky projects and recipes coming soon :) I think I might even have my first blog candy...

3 comments:

{raisingAlexis} said...

That is adorable! love it~!

peata said...

that is cute.
you should enter it here

halloween mini book contest

Jemma said...

THis is so cute, you do the best mini books!!