Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Got Milk?

I created this layout for the 2008 Gr8 Cr8tive Idol contest at Just Cr8. The challenge for the first week of the contest was to create a layout using an advertising slogan from a business. When I first read the challenge "Got Milk?" immediately popped in my mind because I knew I had these photos I had taken of Katelynne nursing and that I really wanted to scrap them for her baby book. I know that some people might think it a bit strange to take a photo of a baby nursing and then scrapbook it- and share it with the world- but I am honestly PROUD to be breastfeeding and I just feel like it is something worth sharing and encouraging other moms to do. Also- I really want Katelynne to know how special it was and how important it is to me that I did breastfeed her. I plan to make a right side page to go with this so it will be a double layout, I want to journal more about breastfeeding- such as how it felt to do it in public and so on! I also need a photo of my super cool nursing cover I bought from Lovey Duds!

Anyways! I hope you all are inspired by this layout and that you will stop by Just Cr8 and check out the contest!

OH and also I wanted to share that I won FIRST RUNNER UP in the MOSD album contest! I am very excited to have won this place- it's not THE winner, but close enough :) I'll be getting prize pack of MOSD goodies soon too- can't wait to play with it!

Here's some close ups of the page:






1 comment:

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

Hi Krista! Aimee here from LP! Just wanted to give you some love for doing this page! I am a full and complete supporter of breast feeding so I'm here to say "You go girl for making memories of this special time!" You won't regret it and thanks for sharing! It is a beautiful page! Love all the flowers and buttons!