Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tough

Today's layout I wanted to share is about Lucas' recent surgery. I remember writing about how much I loved the picture on the bottom of this page, it's one of those that really is worth a thousand words. Just by looking at it it reminds me of what I was feeling that day in that moment and how Lucas was after coming out of surgery. I can even remember the smell of the hospital. I created this page for a guest designer position at Backporch Memories, but it really became one of my favorite layouts that tells a special story. My journaling is really meaningful to me and I felt like I really wrote what I wanted to say and something that will be meaningful to Lucas too.
Today I am feeling anxious because tomorrow I will get to find out if I have been chosen for a few guest design team/ design team positions that I have applied for!
But on a happy note- I have been invited to join the We Kit U Not blog as a full time design team member! I really really like the idea behind this blog- inspiring scrappers to USE their monthly kits they have purchased! I think monthly kits are so much fun- getting a box of fully coordinated scrap goodness in the mail along with a website that has lots of ideas of what to do with it- and lots of ladies to chat with too! Well- at Kit U Not they have several of the most popular kit of the month clubs all TOGETHER making it even easier to get some great inspiration. I am going to be representing the Life Preserver's Kit Club, which I have been purchasing monthly kits from for over a year now. The layout I shared here today was in fact made from their November kit. Anyways- to end this long bit of rambling, you will see my work starting in January on the We Kit U Not blog :)
One more tidbit- I got some great photos at the Christmas Train- I'll definitely be making some layouts to share!

3 comments:

KimmyS said...

We are so super happy to have you with us on the blog!

Boy do I love that page - I too adore the bottom picture. As you say, it speaks a thousand words and all I wanna do is just take him right out of there and give him a right good hug

Kris said...

Wow what a heartfelt LO. The journaling is great.

Congrats on your guest DT position and on being selected for the Kit U Not DT! Wow lots of designing going on for you! That is awesome!

Zoe said...

Krista what fab news! I just stared at his little face for like 3 minutes! the emotion thats comes out from that page is incredible!
Amazing work hun keep it up :-)