Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

First things first- something new to my blog! I have decided that I want my blog to be more about ME and not totally about my scrapbooking. Perhaps by sharing some of my other passions I will also hold myself more accountable to getting time for all of my projects squeezed in. Sooo... Something I've been doing for quite awhile now is menu planning. Being a stay at home mom and childcare provider means that I have to have a plan for what I'm going to cook- or it won't get done! Lately I have begun to plan my lunch and breakfast menus as well as dinner since I could have anywhere from 6-8 children eating breakfast and lunch here. Needless to say, I was more than excited when I found orgjunkie.com- a site where lots of freaks like me plan their menus and then share them! Many of these people are working with a budget to feed their family- just like me ;) Hey- the less $$$ spent on food the more money that can be spent on scrapbooking- or sewing or gardening! Anyways, I am planning to start sharing my menu plans and recipes when I can! Here's my road map for this week:

Monday: French Bread Pizza (I'm making homemade french bread!) and Salad
Tuesday: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and green beans
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Terriyaki, rice, and chinese vegetables
Thursday: Leftover Buffet
Friday: Tacos and Authentic Mexican Rice, Homemade Guacamole
Saturday: Hot Dogs and homemade mac n cheese
Sunday: B: BLT Breakfast Bake (a Kraft Foods recipe but their website isn't working right now!)
D: Broccoli and Chicken Hot Pockets (made with homemade bread dough) and Salad

You didn't think I'd leave you without something scrappy did you?? Here's my newest layout of Katelynne. And yes, if you were wondering, I have not scrapped her "monthly" layouts since two months so I have some catching up to do between two and seven months lol! You can also find this layout on the Sketches! By Tamara blog this week :)

This layout is extra special to me as well because I used handmade Yo-Yo's from my grandma. She had started to make a yo-yo quilt years ago but her eyesight is not good enough to sew them anymore so she doesn't think she'll ever get that quilt finished. She brought me a little baggie of the yo-yo's thinking that I might be able to use them. I hope that maybe someday I can help her to finish the quilt. If you don't know what a yo yo quilt looks like clicky here!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Very cute layout! I love it!! So crafty!

Brook S. said...

Hey Krista! Glad to know I'm in good company playing WoW...I played Everquest 5 or 6 years ago, but a friend recommended WoW. It's SO much fun! We will have to discuss! :) Hope to see ya soon!

Brook S. said...

Ohh and I meant to say that I cannot believe how much your little one is growing. She's so stinkin adorable!

Tammy said...

Krista,
Great idea for menus. I find it so much easier to cook when I plan my meals!! I am going to check out the site!!
I love the yo-yo quilts ~ never seen them before ~ gorgeous!! I also like your application of them in your layout and such a lovely layout it is. Your little girl is such a cutie (I miss that age!)

Tammy