Monday, January 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Well - my plan for last week was foiled by me being sick! I have the worst sinus infection I've ever had, so my grocery budget has been spent on take out! Ya know- after cooking our dinner almost everynight for the last couple of weeks I almost don't want fast food anymore! I think it's a good thing- and I can't wait to start feeling better, I think I'll make it a point to start freezing some extra meals so we don't HAVE to go out to eat when Mama is sick! Anyways, here's the plan for this week:


Breakfasts:
Mini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (I'm going to make an extra batch of these to freeze! The daycare kids love the mini muffins!)
Cereal
Turkey sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast burritos


Lunches:
Turkey Hot Dogs
Homemade Mac n Cheese
Chicken and Rice with mixed veggies
Bean Burritos w/ mexicorn
English Muffin Mini Pizzas
Leftovers


The Big D's:
Taco Salad w/ authentic mexican rice and homemade guacamole (didn't get made last week)
Ham and Beans (got some ham in the freezer)
Chicken and Broccoli Hot Pockets
Chicken Parmesan and Salad
Cheesy Black Bean Burgers (recipe from the current issue of Cooking Light Magazine)
Leftovers

Tonight we're having pizza because my head feels like one big balloon of pain, so that's it for this week :)

I am going to actually try to post a pic or two and recipes this week, we'll see if I can make it happen!


And because I can't leave you guys without something scrappy:



Lately I have been having a lot of ideas of pages or projects I want to scrap but I don't have time to do right away- so I knew I HAD to make somewhere to write down my ideas so they'd be "safe"! I used a notebook from the dollar store and dolled it up with some basic grey papers and ribbon from my stash.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Great looking menu! We love taco salad!! English muffin pizzas bring back memories of my mom making those for me. :D

Have a great week!
Sherry

Cindy said...

Your menu plan sounds terrific. Hope your head is feeling better by now.