Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bargain Meal of the Week

I'm late I'm late.... but the good news is there's lots of time left to stop by Country Mart West and pick up these sale items to create a bargain dinner:
Chicken Mac N Cheese Skillet
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (.79 / box this week)
Split Chicken Breast (.99/ lb, buy enough for your family)
1 can Libby's whole kernel corn (.49/can)
1 vine-ripe tomato (.79/pound)
1/4 cup sour cream (.99/16 oz. tub)
pepper to taste
You'll need to cook and shred/chop the chicken ahead of time. My suggestion would be to buy extra chicken and cook it all in your crock pot and freeze the extra for another bargain meal ;)
Once you have done that, prepare the macaroni as directed on box. Stir in the corn, chopped tomato, sour cream, and pepper. Cook on low heat until heated through and serve! I suggest picking up a bag of dole special blend salad on sale buy 1 get 1 free to serve on the side ;)
And here's my scrappy show n tell for the day- birthday party invitations!!! Yes, the kids went a little bit crazy while I was making these yesterday but we all survived. I made the invites using photoshop and had them printed at wal-mart then matted them with coordinating cardstock. I mailed them out today! Now on to making decorations... and Katelynne's party dress...

1 comment:

Katamommy said...

Those invitations turned out really cute!