Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

It's that time of the week again....
Last week my menu plan went out the window because I was miserable with a sinus infection! I am determined to make back the money we spent eating out by cooking everyday this week! here's the plan:

Breakfasts:
Mini Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Ham, Egg, Cheese Breakfast Burritos
Cereal

Lunches:
See my daycare blog for the lunch plan!

Dinners:
Mini Meatloaves, fried taters n onions, salad
Mediterranean Chicken Skillet, more salad
Ham n Beans, Cornbread
Cinncinatti Chili and Spaghetti- and more salad yet (I've been craving salad this week! what can I say?)
Leftovers
Pork Chops, Swee Potatoes, Corn on the Cob

And I was so proud of myself- I had to share my victory at the grocery store this week:


I've been reading a lot of blogs about using coupons and using them to the best advantage- but this is the first time I've ever really felt like I got a great deal! Here's what I got:

Lucky Charms- on sale 2/$3.00, I had a coupon for buy 3 save $1.00, so I got THREE boxes of lucky charms for $3.50

Total- on sale 2/$3.00, I had a coupon for .50 cents off of one, with Country Mart's double coupon I got two boxes of Total for $2.00, yeah that's right- ONE DOLLA a box :)

Pizza crust- not on sale but I got a coupon doubled so that it only cost me $1.60

Yo plus yogurt- double .50 coupon makes these only $1.58!

Progresso Soup- on sale .99 cents a piece, I had a buy 2/save .50 coupon which means that when it was doubled I got two cans of soup for .50 a piece!

Sorry I don't have anything scrappy to share today... but I'll be back with something soon! I'm sure it's fun for you all to see how "martha stewartish" I am anyways, a scrapper, crafter, gardener, and cooker :P

No comments: