Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Dresses, More Sick Kids

Every two weeks- EVERY TWO WEEKS- since the first of the year my family has been sick with something different! I actually whined the last time I went to the dr. because she said I just had a cold and I was SO SICK of hearing it. This time it's even worse.... Katelynne has been throwing up since Friday morning. I thought that it was all over on Sunday but then last night she threw up- all over me and our bed, she even got both of our pillows! I yelled for hubby to come help me because I was covered in chunks (sorry if that was too graphic! LOL!) and he helped bathe Katelynne while I solved the problem of what we would be sleeping on since all of our sheets were now in need of washing. We ended up sleeping on top of a snuggie (google it if you've never heard of them!) and using extra pillows off of the couch. It ended in a good way because we all kind of snuggled up (yeah yeah on the snuggie) and fell asleep together. It's been a long time since we have really taken the time to just slow down and sort of fall asleep together without really meaning to.


Sooooo.... that's my excuse for no menu plan this week- we've been too sick to even feel like cooking and have spent a fortune and a half going out to eat almost everyday! I'm one of those people who actually gets GRUMPY when my house is off schedule, not clean, and not organized. Add their birthday party coming up in two weeks and it's like the cherry on a big PMS sundae ;) Annnnnyyyywaaayyy....


Here's some photos of the dresses I made when I had a bit of free time and wanted to take a break from cleaning up after sick kids ;) I'm thinking I might try to make some of these for my Etsy shop, what do you think? I can't wait to get started on Katelynne's dress for her birthday party!


Tomorrow I am mailing birthday party invites, I made them using photoshop! I'll try to share a photo of them if I get time between all of my OCD cleaning and menu planning ;)

4 comments:

Katamommy said...

Bless your heart Krista! I hope everyone feels better soon and for a while! lol

I have to say I LOVE the apples and pears dress! You're getting really good at these! I wish I knew how to sew, but if you end up selling them in your store I would definitely look at getting some for Toot!

Kris said...

Sorry to hear that everyone keeps getting sick!!

Those dresses are super adorable and yes I think you should give them a try in your Etsy shop! If I had a little girl I would definitely be interested! Good luck!

The Swansons said...

I am sorry to hear that your household is passing around a mystery ailment! No fun at all! We went through that too, but it seems we are out of that phase (of course now that I said that I have jinxed myself).

The dresses are great! I love all that you have posted and I think they would sell like hotcakes on etsy! If you think you are up for the challenge...I have a baby shower to attend on the 7th and would love to have a dress made for the little baby girl!!! You would have free creative control...I just want the name Whitley on the front! Let me know if you can do it that soon!

Hope you all get well really soon!

megha said...

Sorry to hear that everyone keeps getting sick!!



2.0 myspace layouts