Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's, My Planner, and Menus

I was so excited this year when I was at Target and happened to find the $1 mini mailboxes! For the last two years I've been wanting to get one but never seemed to get to Target before they were sold out. I made two of them- one for Lucas' preschool teachers and one for home, but of course- I forgot to take a photo of the teacher box before I gave it away! So you'll all have to be satisfied with this mailbox....
Lucas was so excited to give this to his teacher, he carried it in as if it were made of gold ;) I filled it full of chocolate truffles and had lucas attempt to write his name on one of his spongebob valentine's- hopefully next year I can set aside enough time to actually make the valentines!

And here's my planner after it's makeover....I use my planner every single day and I just HAD to make it look pretty! I write our daily menu plans in here, birthdays, appointments, to do lists- everything! I'll probably be switching out the photos in it throughout the year.

and speaking of menu plans....

On my evergoing quest to save more money, be more of a supermom, and have a healthy family, here's my plan for this week- there's a few repeats from last week due to my being sick (feeling much better now!):

Clicky on the links for recipes!!!

Breakfasts:
Cereal
Mini Blueberry Muffins (very healthy recipe!)


Dinner:
Monday
Italian Grilled Chicken Salad

Pizza Tuesday
Broccoli and Burger Pizza, Carrot Sticks
Wednesday
BBQ Rice and Beef Roundup, Salad
Crock Pot Thursday
Southwestern Bean Soup with Cornmeal Dumplings
Friday
Ham and Broccoli Macaroni Bake
Saturday
Salmon Cakes, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Sunday Special
Steak Fajitas, Homemade Mexican Rice, Avocado Salad

4 comments:

Kris said...

Your Valentine's mailbox turned out super cute and your planner is darling :)

Katamommy said...

I'm going to try making that bean soup ASAP, it sounds so good! Love your little mailbox and planner!

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

Sounds like a yummy week!

:)

The Scrapbooking Factory said...

Hey Krista LOVE LOVE the mailbox....