Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I scrapped til I dropped!

It's a RECORD- I made 19 layouts this weekend- YES 19!!!! Also one paper easter basket, one paper flower, and a paper flower bouquet. My sister in law will probably not believe me because when we go to REAL crops together I always sit there yawning and don't get much accomplished! so i took a pic to prove it:

(pic is missing the paper flower bouquet- don't worry you'll see that later!)
How did I get the mojo to do this? Well... I decided to go to my very first online crop! Yes- online! I have always snubbed them because I thought pfffft, if I'm at home doing this how am I going to get anything done while being on the computer? I was SO wrong! It was so encouraging to chat with all the other ladies, see all the different challenges, and join in on the games. The challenges really made me think of new ideas for some of my photos and I really liked that.

So, I'm not going to share all of my layouts all at once- I'm going to let you all savor the artwork over the next few weeks- starting NOW! And if you have time you should totally stop by Life Preserver's Club and check out the Spring Fling crop- a lot of the ladies are still chatting and working on the challenges this week.

I LOVED the colors of this layout once I got it done. I don't normally use this bright of a yellow and I just had a lot of fun breaking out these bright tropical flowers.

These pictures were just adorable too, I thought katelynne looked so pretty sitting in her exersaucer on the front porch! Everytime I look at these photos it just reminds of how I felt that day, it was just a beautiful day outside and Lucas was riding his tricycle in front of the house while I watered the flowers. Just this photo reminds me of all that!

I also love my daughter's hair- so I had to make a memorial of her very first piggie tails ;)

and again- I totally love this color combo. I have been so crazy about purple, green, and brown lately! I hope my local scrapbook store has more of this paper because I don't think I can get enough of it!

And my easter basket- I made this one for my mom and stuffed a mini avon lotion and lip gloss in it- luckily she doesn't read my blog so she'll still be surprised....

notice the paper I used to make this basket? That's right! It's from my GIVEAWAY! See the post below and leave a comment to get in on the drawing :) Only 10 more comments til I give it away!

I'm working on my first ever blog tutorial, can't wait to share it with all of you!

10 comments:

Katamommy said...

You got so much great stuff done during the crop! I had a blast this weekend!

~ Grace ~ said...

WOW 19 LOs .. that is some mojo.. can you bottle it and share the secret? Hehe ... great job! I love this basket by the way I think I will be scrap lifting that for my son's teacher!

Sandra said...

Dang girl...you did good!! And I think you started late if I recall. Can we comment more than once on your giveaway? LOL! (kidding)

Katie said...

Wow 19 pages that's a ton! The little basket is very cute too. I love how scrapbooking helps us remember all the little details like the sunny day and bike riding!

Kris said...

Congrats on accomplishing so much crafting!! Very cute stuff!

~Carla~ said...

Wow! You got a lot accomplished! That's awesome!! Love your creations, and that basket is adorable!! :)

Allie Gower said...

I wanna be a winner, winner ... chicken dinner ... a basket for eggs is a sweet treat.

I love your blog!

Allie at Croppinsville.blogspot.com

Lesli said...

Wow - way to be creative - I don't think I have ever done that!

Lisa said...

Wow, 19 layouts in a weekend! Congrats. Cute stuff.

jacque4u2c said...

OUTSTANDING!