Monday, March 16, 2009

Katelynne's Birthday Dress and the Kid's Party



This is the LAST dress you're going to see for a little while! Next on my list is an Easter dress for Harleigh and maybe Katelynne... but that girl sure does have a lot of dresses already if you hadn't noticed ;) I found some really fun looking patterns for tote bags and even an apron that you wear while giving the kids a bath- the bottom part of it is a bath towel so when you pull the kids out of the tub you can just give them a big hug! Oh and also I made her hairbows- my first ones and I really like how they turned out, plus they were quicker to make than I expected. Anyways- here's the birthday girl in her dress I made her! And of course I couldn't leave out some pics of the birthday boy either...

The cakes- I made them and it about killed me lol!! I worked on them for two days and was about ready to give up when I ran out of powdered sugar and needed more icing... but the morning of the party I was able to get up early and finish up everything. I really like how it all turned out! I had to leave the number 4 candle off of the cake until time to blow out candles because it was heavy enough it was trying to fall off the top.

and here is Katelynne's smash cake for her first birthday:
Meggy was at the party too- she's eating her lime sherbet ice cream - lucas' favorite! All the adults said "oh I haven't had this for a long time!"And yes I am a super freak and I had to buy multi-colored forks and spoons, then I created little napkin rings that said happy birthday with polka dots and rolled them around the silverware. I gave the little pink basket to the daycare girls to use as a baby carrier after the party was over, they've been fighting over it ever since!


Pics of their presents from us- I absolutely love curly bows so I had to indulge and get two big ones for each present, and it was so cute when Katelynne saw hers she bent over and played with it.

And yes- this is the best picture of lucas I could get all day long- and that includes my sister in laws pictures too! This boy simply cannot hold still- EVER! Maybe on his 5th birthday he'll pose for me? By then Katelynne will be the one I am chasing around for photos...

4 comments:

Katamommy said...

That looks like it was such a fun party! Great job on the dress and cake!

MamaOfOne said...

The cake is super cute and I love the dress.

Tammy said...

The dress is SO DARLING on your little girl!!!! What a wonderfully colourful party!!!

Dee Dee said...

Love all of it. The dress is adorable. Everything looks so scrappy! :)