Thursday, March 12, 2009

A New Dress

So I'm making up for not posting in almost a week- here's a dress I made for Danica last week. It is a fusion between a pillowcase dress and the tanatutu's I've been making. I added a liner to the inside too. It turned out to be too big and I have no clue how it got that way but Danica can hopefully wear it before the end of summer. I added a new "peek" in the back where there's a split so that more of the tulle can be seen.

I made a little ribbon "tag" and attached the bow to a hair-clippie so that it can be removed from the dress what it is washed. If Danica had enough hair I would have made her a matching hairbow too ;)
And here's a close up of her name- I made it kind of blend in with the dress so it's a little bit hard to see in the photo.

I still can't believe that I am actually MAKING dresses... I bought a few new patterns now that I've learned the basics and I can't wait to try them out. I was also thinking about making a couple cute little tote bags... can I please have a vacation day for all that?! lol!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Cute dress!!! Love the colors!

Katamommy said...

Love love love it!

Tammy said...

It's darling ~ you're doing amazing with your sewing!!

Daffernia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.