Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pigtails N Mudpies & DIRT!

YAY the weather got nice enough for me to take pics of my pages from last night!!! When I saw the new U Bug Me Bo Bunny line at the LSS last week I just KNEW that I had to get my hands on some of it! It has been sitting upstairs in my craft room taunting me for over a week now and I have honestly been getting grumpy everynight when I was too tired or busy to get up there and create something with it! I had so much fun playing with these papers and I just absolutely loved working with the colors in this paper, it went perfectly with the photos I took while I was working in the garden with the kids a few weeks ago. I am proud of myself for using a boyish paper for a girl layout ;)
To me, this paper was SCREAMING "use cardboard with me!", seriously- my paper was talkin to me ;) I ripped the edge off of yet another cardboard box and used some of it for the little flower embellies on this page.



I will be entering this layout in a conest at My Sketch World, in hopes of winning a $25 gift certificate!
There is a piece of paper in the U Bug Me line that has arrows all over it.... and I couldn't resist cutting some of them out for my page!! Ok well maybe a few more than "some"... a lot! The challenge for this contest was to use a sketch AND a quote about spring on your page, and lemme tell ya- I LOVE this quote about spring because it just sums up what I feel like doing- getting outside and enjoying the weather and getting dirty! "In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt!"

I machine stitched all of the photos and used some foam squares to make the arrows and the smaller photos pop from the page.
And yes, even after the first layout my paper was still begging for me to use more cardboard with it...
And last but not least I just have to brag a teeny little bit- today I got an email from Purple Cows letting me know that although I didn't make the design team they would like to have me be a guest designer in the future! I am soooo excited about this I can't even begin to describe it here, you'd just had to have seen my face this morning :D











5 comments:

Katamommy said...

Wowowowow those are great! Good luck with the contest and way to go on making a boyish girly layout! (and making guest designer!)

Lea L. said...

What cute layouts!! So glad you joined us over at Vintage Plum! Can't wait to get to know you better!

~Lea

Tania said...

Love your work! glad I found your blog!

~Telah said...

Awesome layouts! I'm glad I found your blog too...from the Nook!

Tessa said...

Love those Bo Bunny layouts, they are great!