Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm a designing again...

I have officially accepted a design team position at Butterfly Crafts blog . I will be part of the team that posts layouts on the first of every month, so be sure to check it out ;)

And next on the agenda is this cute little layout... my first ROUND one! I used the new Creative Memories girl patterned paper- it is so soft and sweet! The colors in it reminded me instantly of this photo I took of katelynne when she was about 3 months old.










I used lullaby pink thickers, pink prima say it in studs, handmade crepe paper trim, prima flowers, and a bo bunny clear acrylic charm for the scroll square, plus some odds and ends from my stash! I just love all the soft colors in this layout!
The journaling reads:
As Katelynne sleeps, I can't help but stop and watch her and day dream myself about how blessed I am to have such a beautiful baby girl! {june 2008}
Almost every single page i have created lately has been about more than just the photo, it's been about my feelings about the moment the photo was taken, I feel like this perspective lets me put a whole new meaning to my scrapbooking and reason why it is important to me. If you are feeling low on the scrap mojo today then take a moment to dig deeper into your feelings about the moment you are scrapping, not just describing what is happening in the photo!



5 comments:

Maggi said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the idea of making it round. Congrats on the DT position!!!

Sandra said...

Congratulations for the DT assignment! I'll check out that site. :) Your work is awesome.

brake said...

Congrats! I love this layout. I'd have to say one of my faves!

Maureen said...

yay krista! i love your layouts! congratulations!

xoxo
mo

Dee Dee said...

Love all the close-up details. Beautiful layering.