Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Still Here!

I hope you guys don't feel TOO neglected, I am planning to do my best to post more often in the next few weeks! It seems like ever since I started using Facebook that I have been *ahem* neglecting my other interests LOL!

I have joined two scrap contests right now and I am determined to stay in them- one is the Scrap Off at The Scrapbook Nook and the other is the Vintage Plum Star Search. I've tried doing these contests that span over several weeks before and it always seems like I get too busy and don't keep up with the challenges- so now that I have admitted all that to you guys I hope it will be more motivation to KEEP GOING this time!!!

Here's one of my first layouts for the challenges I used some "fussy cuts" and cut out the flowers/bugs from patterned paper, I know it's really popular to do this right not- but I normally don't take the time to do it. I really love the end result here!! I used some of the lovely Lilly Bee papers on this layout along with my cut outs! I can't get enough of this piece of paper from Lily Bee that looks like notebook paper!




This layout was made using the April alternate kit from Life Preserver's Club. I added some black cardstock from my stash to accent the patterned paper and used some doodling stencils to make the flourishes. I really like the idea of what this page is about, I took some everyday photos and made them about something totally different than the literal subject of the photos- the page is about how much I love being a mom that stays home with my children. It's a big part of who I am and I hope that someday my family will see this page and remember this about me!

And... I am really excited to share that I am now a part of the Croppinsville, U.S.A. design team!! Croppinsville is both a local scrapbook store to me and an online store, so go check them out!! If you live nearby be on the lookout for my upcoming paper gift bag album class, and if you don't live nearby be sure to check out their blog where I'll be sharing tips and ideas, and some of my class kits may be available for purchase!
And I have to brag for just one more paragraph... This week I recieved my 2 in 1 combo trimmer from Purple Cows- along with an email letting me know that they would like to have me be a guest designer for them!! I am SO EXCITED about this!! I feel so lucky to have won this really awesome trimmer too, it's officially the biggest prize I've ever won LOL!
Ok, one more brag and then I am seriously done. I am the guest designer over at Life Preserver's Club this month! I should be getting my kit this week and I am seriously just drooling over the pics of whats going to be in it- lots of bright beautiful colors!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

congratulations Krista...very well deserved!

Maggi a.k.a. Katamommy said...

I'm not even joking: I was just thinking today about how much I've missed your meal plans! LOL Good luck in the contests and these layouts are great! And congrats on all of your wins and GDTs, that is so cool and very deserved!

Tammy said...

WOW ~ YAY for you!! Congrats on all of your design teams!!
I love to see scrappers scrap themselves ~ very nice!!

Melissa said...

YAY YOU!!! You're on a roll, girl!

Scrapjo said...

The top layout is really lovely :)