Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lil' Sister

I love love love this layout! It is out of the box and off the page for me ;) I created it for the Scrapbook Nook's scrap off weekly challenge #2- to make a shaped layout. This page is special for me because the buttons i used for the rainbow came from my grandma's button collection she has grown over the years- she always cut the buttons from old clothing before throwing them away, and some of them actually came from her mom too, so there's some really unique buttons on there- and some new ones too ;)




I used nearly a whole bottle of stickles underneath and around the buttons to make them look like they are on a fluffy white sparkly cloud- ya'll know how much I like glitter ;) The clouds and sun are handcut and I drew the face on the sun too.

This page is about how much fun it is to just watch Katelynne toddle around the yard, I can't believe that at one year old she can play in the sand, dig in the garden, color with sidewalk chalk, and look at my flowers without hurting them! Of course her very fave thing to do is find a kitty and try to catch him LOL!

We have been spending a ton of time outdoors taking care of our garden and making our yard look much nicer than it usually does ;) You can bet there's going to be some layouts of flowers and gardening this summer! I cannot wait!!


17 comments:

Maggi said...

Oh my word, this is AWESOME! I love the buttons and the story behind them! Guess what, I got a new sewing machine! Woo hoo! Now I just have to figure out how the heck to use it! LOL

Nette said...

what a nice idea, looks beautiful!

best wishes from Berlin/Germany =)

teres said...

Totally awesome :D, wow!!!!

Anna said...

That is so cool! I love the buttons!

Kris said...

WOW Krista that is awesome!!

P.S. I left you a little something over at my blog :D
xx Kris

Jodi Wilton said...

This is so cute!! happy to be working with you at Butterfly crafts! I run my own home daycare too, and I sneak away every night too... Just thought I would stop off and say HI on your BLOG! Looking forward to gettin gto know you better!

zαnуα ♥ said...

I love love love this layout too! :D

chenguna said...

that LO is too cute. Congrats on making it on the 2peas top ten. yay!
Michelle M.

Anna Sigga said...

Fab layouts - my fav is the first one!

NICOLE said...

way cool!!

Rach H said...

This layout is amazing!
I love the bright colors and how much it shines!

Pearl said...

This is sooo memorable & amazing, Krista ! way to use up buttons properly ! lol

Euphoria said...

ohhhhhh.... LOVE THIS LO!!! Super idea!!

Heidi said...

Ooooh! I love this! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. Thanks for the (renewed) inspiration!

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

You made me just add an out-of-the-box layout to my list!! This is an outstanding layout!! Love all of the buttons and the Stickles!!

Sandra D said...

What a beautiful layout!

Melissa said...

I adore that page!! All those buttons are fabulous!!