Monday, May 25, 2009

Medium Madness

I used the new Bo Bunny Love Shack line and the May featured kit from Life Preserver's Club to create this layout- and it is based on a challenge from Vintage Plum to use several different mediums on a page. The background was made using MM paint, shimmerz, and stickles- so much fun!

But more importantly this layout is very special because I used the ACTUAL fabric, trim, tulle, ribbon, and chenille that I used to handmake my daughter's dress for her first birthday! When I look at this page I feel like it really represents what I feel scrapbooking means to me- it captures the special feel of her first birthday, has journaling about the day, and has keepsakes incorporated into the page! I know she won't remember her party or wearing the dress or anything, but someday she look back on these photos and see what an absolutely beautiful baby she was on her birthday!


5 comments:

Sandra said...

GORGEOUS...love the paints and adore the different fabrics. What a gorgeous dress too!! Hey...love the new blog look too.

Maggi said...

This is fabulous!!! I love that you used the same ribbon and fabric as on her dress. What a wonderful memory she'll have when she gets older! By the way, love your new blog look!!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Found your blog via BPM, utterly gorgeous work!!! UTTERLY!

Euphoria said...

I like how this tured out... gave you some Vintage Plum blog too!

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I love everyone of your layouts made with the Love Shack papers!! You seriously rocked the kit!!