Saturday, May 30, 2009

OSU Baby Shower Diaper Cake


My friend Mandy is expecting a little boy in just a few short weeks and tonight was her baby shower- and this is her gift from me :) I love having an excuse to make a diaper cake!!!

For this one I used orange and black to match the OSU theme of her shower, and I really love how it looks! The cake is made up of Huggies organic size 2 diapers so she won't have to take it apart too soon! I thought of putting the little travel sized baby samples at the top of the cake because I know that Mandy and Mike like to travel a lot and these should come in handy on one of their trips. The congratulations on top is the handmade card I made to go along with cake.

I took photos as I put this together and am hoping to write a little tutorial on how to do it for my blog- you all should share in the fun of making a diaper cake ;) The real fun though is when you get to give it away!! Mandy looked so gorgeous, I hope she gets some great maternity photos before the new object of attention arrives!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

This is SO awesome!!!

Maggi said...

That turned out great, I love the polka dot ribbon!

ellen s. said...

who knew diapers could be so cute! i love that

Emmy said...

great project!! love it!

Scrapjo said...

Wow, this is such a cool project!!

hippy_chick said...

Thats soooo coool!!!

Suz said...

adorable project. I love it

The Swansons said...

Thanks for the cutest diaper cake ever! I may never want to take it apart!