Monday, June 8, 2009

Get Happy

When I saw the new Greenhouse line by K&Co I knew I HAD to have it. Just flipping through the pages in the specialty paper pad made me think of all the wonderful sunny days playing in the backyard with my kids and the daycare kids too. I was glad that it was on sale because I had to buy the paper pad and all the matching embellies too!!!

I created this layout for Week 4 at the Vintage Plum star search- it was all about hand stitching. To be completely honest up until now I have snubbed the stitching kits at my LSS because I simply did not want to spend the time to do HAND stitching on my pages- but I do maching stitching on almost every single one of them. So this time around I really thought about my layout for a couple of days and what I wanted to do- WANTED, I didn't want to FORCE myself to do the hand stitching if I didn't want to! I started thinking about when I was a little girl and my grandma taught me some embroidery stitches and showed me her crazy quilt she was making with decorative hand embroidery all over it. I borrowed some of her old embroidery thread and a book about embroidery stitches and got to work!

For the record- embroidery on paper is like TEN times harder than on fabric LOL! But I had fun and love the look I got using it!

This layout uses recycled materials too- old embroidery thread, the Kraft paper is from some Prima packaging.



This page is all about how much these little kiddos LOVE to swing. It is amazing to watch 2, 3, and 4 year olds just put their whole bodies into going as high as they can and huge smiles on their faces, they look so free and relaxed when they are swinging. This is one of those pages that if I could put a video on it it would be priceless!

5 comments:

Maggi said...

I love this layout, your stitching is beautiful!

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

Cute layout! To make embroidery just as easy as on fabric, prepunch (or pierce) the holes. It makes it much smoother for the thread and you wont get frustrated with the needle or risk an oops.

Peggy said...

Beautiful!!! I love the fun papers in combination with the craft paper and all that stitching was so worth the effort!
xxx Peggy

MaRLeNeF said...

Beautiful LO, love the stiching :)

Vicki said...

gorgeous layout, i love it - stunning. i love you blog and will be following it from now on :D have a great day xx