Sunday, June 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 6/8-6/14

It's been awhile since I've posted my menu- not that there hasn't been a plan, I just haven't been sticking to it! In the warmer weather and longer days I've just been outside all day and not taking as much time to plan, but I've realized I NEED my plan more than ever in the summer! I NEED it to give me a reason not to give in to going out to eat, over-spending on groceries and take out, and feeding my family food that is not entirely healthy for us! So, here's my re-commitment to eating healthy, at home, and affordably!
I am adding a new "feature" to my weekly plan - every couple weeks I am going to spend some time doing freezer cooking. My daycare meals and family meals have become so much simpler by using these methods so I am going to make a plan to keep doing it!


Breakfasts:
Cereal
english muffin egg sandwiches (low fat!)
Pancakes, oranges
Peanut Butter Toast, banana

for lunches visit the daycare blog!

Dinners:
Monday

tacos
mexican rice

Pizza Tuesday
french bread pizza (with mushroom, onion, and beef topping)

salad

Wednesday
turkey burgers
mac n cheese
baked beans

Thursday
chef salad with grilled chicken
1/2 baked potato

Friday
baked ham (leftover from lunch)
green beans
baked sweet potatoes
rice

Saturday
tex-mex cheese quesadillas with black bean and white corn salsa
mandarin oranges

Sunday
pepper and cheese stuffed chicken
rice
salad

Freezer Meals
I went to sam's club this weekend so this week I'll be whipping up some staples for the freezer:

Turkey Meatballs (4 lbs. worth!)
Taco Meat (4 meal portions for tacos and taco salads)
Spaghetti Sauce (2 batches)
Pancakes
Breakfast Burritos (with ham eggs and cheese)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That all sounds great, especially the salad with grilled chicken, yum! Definitely makes it seem like summer... You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner - it's a great way to organize, collect and share your menus and recipes (like this: http://bit.ly/oFQc8) - I think you'll really like it!

Rachel @ springpad