Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Relay for Life Album

I was so excited to be asked to make this album for the Relay For Life fundraiser Auction. My father in law has been diagnosed with Leukemia so it is even more special for me to help raise money for the Relay For Life foundation. It has definitely been awhile since I have made a pre-made album with no photos in it, let alone a paper bag book!! It was fun and I enjoyed hunting for lots of purple things to add to the book. The theme of the even this year is "memories" so the album will fit in perfectly!! I tried to keep it generic enough that the album could be used for photos of nearly anything- family or friends.








I am still working on the baton for the team I am creating for- basically an altered piece of PVC pipe! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have both the time and energy to get it finished tonight!
If there is a Relay For Life event near you I would encourage you to go and check it out this weekend- they are a lot of fun- bring the whole family! Nearly everyone knows someone who has had cancer or is living with it now and this is something that we can all donate a little bit of our time to :)
And one more piece of news....
Come Play Along at Scrapping out Loud!

I am one of the new design team members for the Scrapping Out Loud Blog! It is going to be a lot of fun and I hope you will all participate in their weekly challenges- you could win some pretty cool RAK's and prizes for it too! Our July prize is going to be sponsored by Life Preserver's Club too- which you hear me talk about all the time so you KNOW this will be an awesome prize :)

13 comments:

Melissa said...

We're so happy to have you on board Krista!!!

Love this book, it's amazing.

Zolotce said...

Fabulous album!!!!

Maggi said...

Congrats on the new DT, you are on a roll! Love this album and what a great cause!

Frances said...

Not usually a fan of purple, but I am digging that book...it is beautiful! Congrats on Scrapping Out Loud can't wait to work with you!

Sandra said...

Wow...your album is GORGEOUS - I hate purple, but I love scrappin' with it (how weird is that?) I love yours...wow, wow, wow!! Congratulations on your new DT acquisition as well! I'm sooooooo happy for you! I'll definitely check it out...

Andrea said...

That album is gorgeous!!! I love all of the purple!!!

Congrats on the new DT position...you deserve it!

jacque4u2c said...

Luv the colors love the embellies - luv the thickness - just totally awesome - so makes everyone see wht you were choosen for DT! Darn gurl you are so TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!1

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

Gorgeous album Krista!!! I love the green and purple together and those flowers and butterflies are just beautiful layered like that!!

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

Beautiful album, Krista! Thanks for sharing it.

Euphoria said...

Awesome book, and for such a great cause!!

Congrats on the DT- WOO HOO!!

m1ch3113lee said...

Love the purple color this is so pretty. You do such great work Krista...

Rebekah Williams said...

Nice! Loving the purple color. I hope your dad-in-law wins his battle w/leukemia.

Dee Dee said...

Beautiful album! I miss your work.