Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pages Without Borders


I've really begun to think outside the box when it comes to scrapbookig lately- the 12x12 box that is! Ever since I made my button rainbow page I have been thinking about how much I enjoyed piecing together a page and not caring if it even so much as resembled something square. Yes- these pages might be a tad bit difficult to get into a scrapbook album, but I love them enough I might just have to display them in my house for a long, long time anyway!

I used several different Cosmo Cricket lines to create this page- I just picked out any paper that had the right colors! One from lil'man, one from Girl Friday, and one from Snorkel! I used Bazzil Bling cardstock- fourth of july is all about the sparkles and bling ;) I had drew and cut all of the stars and flourishes, it was really fun!




Now- don't laugh.... really... I had the idea for this page in my head for quite awhile and I wanted to sketch it out before getting to work, but I just did NOT have time to sit down and do it, plus doing a sketch in color is so much more fun! So, being the queen of multi-tasking that I am- I sat down to play with the kids in the backyard and had a brilliant idea "I'll make my sketch while drawing on the sidewalk!". You should have seen my husbands face and heard his comment when he looked at my drawing and asked "why are there photo squares and a title on your picture?" LOL! He just rolled his eyes when I explained it was a scrapbook page sketch.... Oh well, I still think it's cool ;)

10 comments:

Maggi said...

LOL What a great sketch and the result is fabulous!

Kris said...

Oh my goodness Katelynne is growing up! What a doll she is! I love this layout, it's so creative. I think this should be displayed in the house :)

Rebekah Williams said...

You OWNED that chalk sketch! I didn't know one could accomplish such with sidewalk chalk. Nice!

Love the layout, and thinking outside the "12x12" box. Beautiful!

Danielle said...

WOW! Love the sidewalk chalk sketch, and the "lo" is awesome!! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for having me as a guest designer at SOL. I have had a great time!!
Have a great week!!

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

OMGosh Krista, this is too funny!! But your chalk drawing sketch turned into a beautiful piece of art!! love that pic of Katelynn!

.jessica jo. said...

love the sketch and awesome layout!!!!

pamala said...

he he, great idea to sketch on the sidewalk! Faboo project too, love it!

Melissa Elsner said...

Wow. Awesome idea! Love the scrapping outside of the box idea! Really adds a much more personal touch to our layouts!

nscropper said...

WOW ... what a awesome idea .. I love your layout. totally gorgeous.
Awesome sketch too., :)

Dee Dee said...

This is fabulous. The sketch, and the final product. I wish I had one to display!