Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Banner

My friend Ashley's little boy just turned the big ONE and I was thrilled when she told me she wanted to make a banner for his party! We spent way too long talking about it probably but when we finally got together and made it we were in love with the results! I have to confess- this is the most I have ever used my Quickutz Silhouette all in one day- and I have another reason to be glad I bought it nearly 3 years ago now LOL!
Nolan's party was sports themed so we used some patterned paper with footballs and baseballs on it. We used sports stickers to make the tiny tags that are tied in between the pendants. The pendants are attached using wire that I looped between the pendants.

Underneath each triangle of pattern paper is a triangle of cardboard to make the banner more sturdy and give a 3-d effect too. I used the cardboard from one of my USPS boxes that I had recieved some scrappy supplies in through the mail- so a great way to recycle too!

So... did I stop at one banner? NOPE! I loved this one so much that I made Nolan another one to hang in his room, I used the Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man line and it turned out SO stinkin' cute :) But- you'll have to take my word for it because the banner will be published in the Nov/Dec issue of Scrap N Art magazine, so you'll have to wait til then to check it out!








3 comments:

Jessica said...

wow that is so cool! i love it!

Maggi said...

That turned out awesome!

laterg8r said...

what a great banner :D