Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Precious

As promised- here's another Kraft Kuts layout I made. This one is my favorite, hands down, no competition! I LOVED these photos when I took them of the kids- their outfits matched and the browns and earth tones were just really attractive to me, not to mention the cutest kids I have ever seen ;) I loved how the Kraft Kuts paper worked perfectly with the colors in the photos.
And here's a tip for ya- ever wonder how I make so many different sized scallops on my layouts? Next time you need a scalloped border just grab something round- for this page I actually used a tin pail that I purchased with Prima flowers in it- then use it to trace half circles on your paper to create scallops! All you have to do is cut it out and you are ready to go.
I also couldn't resist cutting out a few of those adorable little owls and popping them on the page, then glitzing them up with some good ol' stickles!
Check back tomorrow for my Scrappin' Out Loud! design team layout of the week, this week's prompt is: "dreamer" everyone has dreams and goals, pick one of yours and scrapbook about it.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

This is beautiful, I love your stitching!

laterg8r said...

love those owls and how you glitzed them up - aren't the kraft kut papers awesome!

for every shaped paper i buy i trace it on the chipboard that comes with page protectors and make a template i can use later. love the idea of bigger scallops though!

Jessica said...

wow Krista that pg. is absolutely gorgeous! the pics of the kids are adorable!