Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally, a rag quilt for my mom!

It's not that I didn't want to make my mother a quilt, I would have loved to have cranked one out for her a long time ago- it was just hard to find the time! When I heard her complaining at our last rummage sale that she still didn't have anything handmade from me I decided it was time to go fabric shopping and make the woman a quilt! Then I procrastinated- but I HAD to finish it, so I stayed up until 3 a.m. on saturday night so I could finish it before our family lunch and Christmas together! I really like how it turned out and I love the polka dots. It was amazing to see Lucas' reaction when he saw that the squares he had watched me cut the night before had been turned into a blanket while he was sleeping!

this is the first time I have done two colors on the backing of a rag quilt, I really like how it looks!

Isn't it so pretty? Now to try to finish the super-long list of other things I wanted to make before Christmas...

7 comments:

laterg8r said...

wow, that is amazing - i stand in awe of your talent :D

jacque4u2c said...

This is just beautiful! She is going to FLIP!!!!

Kris said...

That's awesome!

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

Beautiful quilt!!

Wishing you and your family many blessings this Christmas and in the new year!!

Dee Dee said...

Very sweet. Congrats on finishing. :)

Bethany said...

This astounds me. The color and pattern combo is perfect. I'm in love. Bet your mom was too.

rtfgvb7809 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................