Tuesday, December 15, 2009

November Life Preserver's Kit Creations

The colors in this wonderful paper from the Fancy Pants Rough and Tough collection REALLY inspired me this month and I feel like everything I created was really fun and different from my norm! I really liked using all the buttons and rub-ons- seriously- I do not use rub ons that often and I think I used almost the entire pack this time!
I thought about trying to do a girl page with this paper that is typically BOY themed, but decided to give my little guy some extra room in the spotlight! I just had too many photos that went SO well with this kit!
This is my favorite page from this kit because of the arrows! Ya know- for some reason I had led myself to believe that if I wanted an arrow it needed to be die cut with my Silhouette or from a chipboard shape, but really now- does it? NO! I hand drew this arrow and cut it myself, I love the look and I was able to 1. save paper and 2. make it the exact size and shape I needed for my page!
And here's a couple cards I made to round out my kit creations! We have to pregnant family members right now- one expecting a boy and one a girl- so I am thinking the Oh Boy! card would be perfect for the mama of the baby boy when he arrives... and the other would make a good birthday card for someone else!
Can you believe that with all these projects I STILL have more of my kit left? I have enough for at least two more pages... I would much rather use it up and than file the kit away in my drawer and forget about it! I think I need to play a little game of "kill the kit" and try to use it up later this week! Don't forget to check out Life Preserver's Scrapbook Club- the sneak peaks for the February kit will be available soon, and you know they will be yummy!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow your pgs. are so fantastic! Loovee those cards also Krista! tfs!

jacque4u2c said...

All I can say is wow these are fantastic!