Monday, March 28, 2011

Think Spring...

All too often, scrapbookers keep their craft tucked away in albums- but not me! I want to have my art all over the house! This is a canvas I created for Katelynne's bedroom using Cosmo Cricket papers and chipboard and various other craft supplies.
It took me quite awhile to find the perfect quote for this canvas, I wanted something about flowers and happiness- because... well, flowers make me happy! I began by painting the background on the canvas blue and adding a few touches of stamped flowers and butterflies for dimension.
I used several different paper flower techniques to create these little beauties, I like the combination it creates. The stems are made of green ribbon and I cut the leaves freehand from green cardstock before folding and inking them.



Here's to spring and flowers on my front porch! Make something sunny and hang spring on your wall :)

No comments: